I’d like to officially announce (and invite you to) the Vegetarian-For-A-Month Challenge!
This started with fellow author Marion Jensen and I betting who could last longer as vegetarians, but we’ve now been joined by another author, Bruce Eschler. So, I’d like to invite any and all to join the challenge/torture. We’re not doing this for any reason other than curiosity. I’m personally not an activist, nor am I particularly health-conscious. I just have recently eaten some tasty vegetarian fare and wondered if I could handle a whole month of it.
The rules are these:
- It begins Monday the 16th. This will give us the weekends to clean out the fridge/stuff ourselves with bratwurst. It ends on August 12th at midnight.
- We’re being lazy vegetarians: dairy is allowed; eggs are allowed; fish is allowed. Therefore, according to Wikipedia, we aren’t vegetarians; we’re ova-lacto-pescatarians. That sounds way more awesome.
- Things that are not allowed: any mammals or birds.
- Things that we don’t care about: trivial amounts of animal-byproducts in stuff. For example, no one is going to throw a fit if we eat regular refried beans rather than vegetarian refried beans. Because, come on.
- Any quitters—and this is the most important point!—must eat six Big Macs in ten minutes, and they must film it and post it to YouTube, so that they will be humiliated in public. In the event they puke, SO MUCH THE BETTER.
This will all be difficult, because it’s summer barbeque season. But, we’re tough, and we made the rules lenient enough that even a lazy person (like me) ought to be able to handle it.
So, if you’d like to join us, please do! And, if you’d like to drop bacon-wrapped delights at Marion’s house, please do!