The ARC giveaway is over! And, due to an unforeseen circumstance, I’ve decided to giveaway TWO ARCs! That unforseen circumstance was: only one person, out of 176 entries, got all seven answers correct! (And it was the 2nd question–she was the only person to get the second question right. What’s wrong with you people? Millions is my favorite book of all time. GO READ IT.)
Anyway, the randomly drawn winner is John Hutchins.
The person who got all the answers correctly is Hannah Elizabeth.
The correct answers are below:
1. In The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, by Mark Twain, by what titles do the two theatrical con men call themselves? The Duke and the King. (The King also goes by the Dauphin, which answer I also accepted.)
2. In Millions, by Frank Cottrell Boyce, who helps Damian rebuild his hermitage? The Martyrs of Uganda.
3. In the film “On The Waterfront”, in his famous “I coulda been a contender” speech, who does Terry Malloy blame? His brother, Charley.
4. In the film “It’s a Wonderful Life”, when George and Clarence are being kicked out of Nick’s bar, what does Nick call them, and what two options does he give for them to leave? He calls the pixies (though I also accepted jailbirds), and the two options are “out the door, or through the window”.
5. In Natalie Merchant’s album Tigerlily, there is a song about a famous celebrity’s death. Who was it? River Phoenix
6. Which Gnarls Barkley video, named by TIME magazine as one of the 30 best videos of all time, was filmed in Jamaica? Going On
7. In Variant, what two full names are mentioned on headstones in the graveyard? Heather Lyon and Jeff “L.A.” Holmes. Trivia: those are the names of the people in my writing group at the time: Heather Moore, Annette Lyon, Jeff Savage, Lu Ann Staheli, and Michele Holmes.